Helps students brainstorm and write assignments – on the web!
What Does Open Punch Do?
Teachers assign writing topics based on personal tastes, timely events, or in response to texts student have read. The program helps students write clear and concise responses in a paragraph format.
The program contains interactive modules for Opinion, Fact and Narrative paragraphs
Contextual help and feedback engage students of all ages.
Instructors may view student writing, in real-time, with an easy-to-use monitoring tool.
Designed for students in grades 4 through and 9 (ages 9 and up), the software can also be used by English language learners and adult students.
Designed for English language learners and older students, as well as pupils in upper elementary and secondary grades.
Self-paced and self-advancing; moves students ahead as they demonstrate readiness.
Pupils receive immediate, personal help throughout.
Teachers can monitor pupils’ progress and time-on-task through an easy-to-use online portfolio.
- Use pre-writing strategies for different writing tasks.
- Write clear descriptive sentences.
- Focus writing on a central idea or topic.
- Use devices to develop relationships among ideas.
- Use supporting ideas and facts to develop and elaborate on a topic.
- Use an effective organizational pattern.
- Analyze and revise a draft to further develop a piece of writing.
Implementation ideas from a wide array of students and educators who have worked with Merit’s online learning tools.
View a list of Merit step-by-step user guides to enhance your experience with our online learning products.